A number of key laboratory research programs have been launched in line with the overall research objectives of the UBC Geotechnical Group.
Examples of current and future planned research include:
- Static and dynamic (seismic) stress-strain response of fine and coarse-grained soils;
- Time effects on the stiffness and general stress-strain response of sands;
- Evaluation and mitigation of soil liquefaction hazard;
- Performance of pipe-soil and soil-structure systems due to static and earthquake loading (including physical modeling of relatively large-scale soil and soil-structure systems);
- Geo-synthetics for soil reinforcement; and
- Filtration and Drainage